- 30 pupils can weed a farm for 40 days. If 10 pupils are added how long will it take them to finish up the farm?
- After depositing 72,000/= in CRDB bank Jack got an interest of sh. 58,320. What was the annual interest rate if the money was in a bank for 3 years?
- The cost of sending a telegram of 39 words is sh. 216.45. Find the cost of each extra word if the first 10 words cost sh. 180.20.
- 2/5 of Aba’s salary is used as follow: 2/5 for banking, three quarters of the remained amount for food and he remained with sh. 2,520/=. Find the money to be banked.
- The age of Alphonce is 1/3 of her sister. After 12 years her age will be a half of her sister. What is Alphonce’s current age?
- Kakulima deposited shs. 760,000 in a bank that provided 20% interest per year. Find the interest he obtained after nine months.
- Jukali’s shop is opened at 0900 and closed at 1730 every day. For how long does Juakali spend selling?
- Johnson started his work on Tuesday at 2045hrs and finished it on Thursday at 0120hrs. For how many minutes was he working?
- The bus started his journey at 1200hrs and reached at 1530hrs if the average speed was 20km/h, what distance did it cover?
- Find the average speed of a car if it travels 108km for 3 hours. (Answer in m/s)
- The average of five numbers is 42. If the first four numbers are 48, 54, 18 and 60. What is the fifth number?
- The sum of three consecutive numbers is 57, find the product of the lowest and highest number.
- One step of Mr. Juma is 0.65m. how many steps will he walk in the road having 14950mm long?
- The volume of a cylinder is 3.85 Litres. Find its height if the radius is 3.5 cm. (π = 22/7)