HOMEWORK 4.1 pre-std 7
- Find the distance between two cities A and B, if a vehicle travelling at a speed of 120km/h left city A at 6:00am and arrived in city B at 12:00pm on the same day.
- A car travelled 15m in 10 seconds. Find the speed in km/h
- A plane flew a distance of 100m in a second. Calculate its speed in km/h
- A lorry left Dar es Salaam at 2400 hours and arrived in Tanga at 0800 hours. If the distance between Dar es Salaam and Tanga is 304km, find the speed of the lorry.
- Using a speed camera, a traffic police found that the car was approaching at a speed of 108km per hour. Write this speed in metres per second.
- A train travelled from Dar es Salaam towards Dodoma, a distance of 368km, for 8 hours. Find the speed of the train.
- An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240km/h in 5 hours. Calculate the speed at which the aeroplane must travel to cover the same distance in 12/3 hours.
Convert metres per second (m/s) into km/h.
- 5 m/s
- 15 m/s
Convert the following speeds from kilometres per hour into metres per second (m/s)
- 36 km/h