|Home » Articles » HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT » STD 6|
HOMEWORK 1.7 PRE- STD 7
1. Karanja gave his son 3/7 of his farm and ¼ of the remaining portion to his daughter, he then gave the 60 acres left to his wife. The original size of Karanja’s farm was how many acres before dividing it?
2. Asia spent ¼ of her wages to pay house rent, and 5/8 on food, if Asia manages to save only 4500/= find the total amount of her wage.
3. ¼ of a pipe length is hidden under the ground, 1/3 of it which is 6 cm is submerged in water and 5/12 of its length is above the water, what is the total length of a pipe?
4. ½ of Mr. Saitoti’s cattle is cows and 1/6 of them is calves, if they are 72 cows, what is total number of calves.
5. 3 teachers Heri, Mawazo and Milazi shared 120 dozens of books, teacher Milazi got 1/3 of all books, teacher Mawazo received ¾ of the remaining books, how many books did teacher Heri receive?
6. Juma spent ½ of his money to buy a shirt; he also spent ¼ of that money to pay for another shirt. If Juma was left with 2000/=, how much money did he have at first?
7. Isaya spent 0.25 of his money on food, 1/6 of the remaining money to buy clothes, if he was left with only 10,000/= how much did he have in the beginning?
8. A pipe fills the tank in 4 hours; it takes 8 hours for the second pipe to fill the same tank with water. How will it take for the tank to be filled if both pipes operate simultaneously?
|Views: 118 | Comments: 17 ||
|Total comments: 17||1 2 3 »|
|1-5 6-10 11-12|