NOTE: THE BOLD CHOICES ARE THE CORRECT ANSWERS
1. Tanzania and mozambique are separated by river ........
(a) Rufiji (b) Malagarasi (c) Wami (d) Ruvuma
2. How long does the earth take to complete rotation on its axis?
(a) 60 hours (b) 12 hours (c) 24 hours (d) 6 hours
3. Which of the following is the smallest scale?
(a) 1: 10 000 (b) 1: 50 000
(c) 1: 25 000 (d) 1: 75 000
4. Which climatic region is found between latitudes 35°—60°?
(a) Polar (b) Temperate (c) Tropical (d) Sub—Tropical
5. What will be the time at Kado 25° W of Moro, if Moro 35°E is 4:23 am?
(a) 8:23 p.m (b) 12:23 p.m
(c) 12:23 a.m (d) 8:23 a.m
6. The latitude 231/2° N is known as .........
(a) the Equator
(b) tropic of Capricorn
(c) Arctic Circle
(d) Tropic of Cancer
7. The south pole is located at ...............
(a) 90° N (b) 90° E (c) 90° S (d) 45°S
8. One lose a day when crossing International Date Line from ...... To ....
(a) East to West (b) North to East
(c) South to East (d) West to East
9. People who work in a company or industry are known as ........
(a) strong people (b) raw materials
(c) Finished products (d) labour force
10. 325 minutes is the same as .................
(a) 5: 25 hours (b) 4:25 hours
(c) 2:55 hours (d) 32 : 05 hours
11. The term infrastructure refers to as .......
(b) raw materials
(c) Transport and communication system
12. Which one of the following is the reason for the decline of an industry?
(a) availabity of ready market
(b) Good transport and communication
(c) Availabilty of raw materials
(d) Political instability
13. Which minerals are mined at Mererani?
(a) Gold (b) Diamond (c) Tanzanite (d) Silver
14. The sixth planet in the solar system is ....
(a) Earth (b) Uranus (c) Saturn (d) Pluto
15. The nearest planet to the sun is .............
(a) Mercury (b) venus (c) Jupiter (d) Earth
16. No dry season in .............. Climatic zone.
(a) Tropical (b) Temperate
(c) Equatorial (d) Polar
17. The nearer a place to the equator, the ....... it tends to be.
(a) colder (b) hotter (c) cooler (d) fresh
18. Which desert is found in India?
(a) Thar (b) Atacama (c) Kalahari (d) Victoria
19. Which of the following are equatorial countries?
(a) Uganda, Sudan (b) Ghana, Mali
(c) Tanzania, Kenya (d) Congo, Zaire
20. Which climatic region is found between latitudes 25°—35°?
(a) Polar (b) Equatorial (c) Tropical (d) Sub—Tropical
21. What will be the time at Bissau 15° E of Tema, if Tema 0° is 9:00 am?
(a) 8:00 am (b) 10:00 pm (c) 8: 00 pm (d) 10:00 am
STUDY THE FOLLOWING MAP AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AFTER IT.
22. What is the Grid Reference of Letter W?
(a) 165610 (b) 610165 (c) 1661 (d) 610155
23. Which Letter is located in grid reference 600135?
(a) A (b) M (c) G (d) W
24. If the side of each square is 1cm wide, find the area of YHY Dam in km2
(a) 28km2 (b) 24 km2 (c) 12 km2 (d) 14km2
25. What is the Grid Reference of Letter G?
(a) 565120 (b) 565135 (c) 565125 (d) 575135